Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
1 0 0 0

Help on this error when trying to load Eikon API?

HI, I've been having some troubled loading my Eikon API. I get the following error:

Error on checking port 9000 : HTTPConnectionPool(host='localhost', port=9000): Max retries exceeded with url: /api/v1/data (Caused by NewConnectionError('<urllib3.connection.HTTPConnection object at 0x0000024378794D90>: Failed to establish a new connection: [WinError 10061] No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it'))
Error on checking port 36036 : HTTPConnectionPool(host='localhost', port=36036): Max retries exceeded with url: /api/v1/data (Caused by NewConnectionError('<urllib3.connection.HTTPConnection object at 0x00000243787C35B0>: Failed to establish a new connection: [WinError 10061] No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it'))
Error on handshake port None : Failed to parse: http://localhost:None/api/handshake
Port number was not identified.
Check if Eikon Desktop or Eikon API Proxy is running.

In the past I have gotten around this by restarting my computer and re-logging into Refinitiv Workspace before running the code again but that is no longer working. Any suggestions?

eikon-data-api#product
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hi @cole,

(i) It looks as though you are using the Desktop Session. May I ask if you are doing so with Workspace or Eikon?
(ii) It looks as though you are using EDAPI; I would suggest using the updated version, RD. Would you mind testing it out? I believe it may solve this issue.

Hi @cole ,

Could you please provide an information requested in the previous comment for further investigation?

Thanks,
AHS

0 Answers