Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 1 4 8

corporate governance / shareholder activism query

hello,

can i query the 'corporate governance' table where i could download recovers of shareholder activist, target, date, status, goal, etc? i see it in the eikon front end - curious how to query the data from the python eikon api

thank you

python#technology#content
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hi @mjg ,

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Are any of the replies below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the most appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thank you,

AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
5.8k 21 2 6

Hi @mjg, For sample code, please do not hesitate to refer to documentation for EDAPI (Eikon Data API) and/or the RD Lib. for Python. With respec to EAPI, I would suggest going straing to the tutorials. With respect to the RD Lib., I would suggest going straight to the examples folder on GitHub (refered to in the Quickstart page) that you can also find on CodeBook.

I would also suggest using the new Eikon Python library, the RD Library for Python, with which you can collect data; an example with historical data would include:

rd.get_history(
    universe='LSEG.L',
    fields=["BID", "ASK", "TR.Revenue"],
    interval="1Y",
    start="2015-01-01",
    end="2019-10-01")

1702545885903.png

To know what fields can be used in such a function, please refer to the DIB.

If your request pertains to the universe or the fields of choice, outside of the DIB and/or Search, please reach out to us on my.refinitiv.com.

1702545885903.png (19.2 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvote
5.8k 21 2 6

hi @mjg, Please note that this LSEG Developer Q&A Community Forum is for technical LSEG API questions only. For content questions such as yours, please reach out to us on my.refinitiv.com.

With that said, please have a look at the new Eikon Python library, the RD Library for Python, with which you can download such data. To find the fields you are after, please look into the DIB.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
1 1 4 8

is this not a technical api question? i am asking for a sample query/a code sample - how can i query that data from python using the refinitiv eikon python api? that seems techincal to me

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
1 1 4 8

capture.pnghow is it that i would, as you suggest, use DIB to find this kind of data?

capture.png (297.5 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Hi @mjg,

It is not possible to retrieve field information on the Data Item Browser when a RIC is unknown.

If your request pertains to the universe or the fields of choice, outside of the DIB and/or Search, as is the case here, we suggest reaching out to my.refinitiv.com. In line with this, I created ticket 13160237 for you on my.refinitiv.com. The helpdesk there will be in touch with you to help you in finding the content you are after.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.