question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 1 1

Unable to install refinitiv.data in python.

I am unable to install refinitiv.data in python. I am currently using pip install refinitiv.data. I have attempted to install this in pycharm, spyder, and cmd/terminal.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Please see attachederror-11.pngerror-1.png images for the error

pythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikon#technologyrefinitiv-data-platformrefinitiv-data-platform-libraries
error-1.png (113.1 KiB)
error-11.png (148.6 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
1.3k 3 2 4

Hi @alex.nae01 ,

This issue occurs from time to time but it's out of our scope.
One way to bypass it is to install blocking dependency before retrying refinitiv-data install.

pip install numpy
pip install refinitiv-data

Note that when you want to install a new version, it's recommended to use following command line:

pip install --upgrade refinitiv-data

It'll update all dependencies at the expected version too

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
1 0 1 1

Hi, thank you so much for your response, I have spoken with refinitiv helpdesk and they diverted me to this forum. I really dont know who I can ask for help on this. I have tried installing numpy and then refinitiv-data only to get the same error. error2.png

error2.png (109.6 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
1.3k 3 2 4

I found same error here => pkgutil library only supports Python 3.11 and older !
Are you using Python 3.12 ?

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
1 0 1 1

yes, yes I am, I will roll to an older version and keep you updated. thank you for your help

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
26.4k 62 17 14

Hello @alex.nae01

I suggest you try the Python Virtual environment tools like Anaconda or Miniconda Python distribution/package manager for manage your Python environments. With Conda, you can create multiple Python environments that use different Python and libraries versions.

### Example with Miniconda ###

Step 1: Create a new environment.

(base) C:/conda create --name RDLib python=3.10

Step 2: Activate the RDLib environment.

(base) C:/conda activate RDLib 
(RDLib) C:/pip install refinitiv.data

You can find more detail about the Python environment management from this Conda: Managing environments page.

There is a step-by-step guide about how to setup the Refinitiv Data Library - Python on PyCharm IDE using Conda available on https://developers.lseg.com/en/article-catalog/article/how-to-set-up-python-development-project-with-pycharm page.

I hope this information helps.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.