question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 0 1

Unable to install refinitiv.data in python.

I am unable to install refinitiv.data in python. I am currently using pip install refinitiv.data. I have attempted to install this in pycharm, spyder, and cmd/terminal.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Please see attachederror-11.pngerror-1.png images for the error

pythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikon#technologyrefinitiv-data-platformrefinitiv-data-platform-libraries
error-1.png (113.1 KiB)
error-11.png (148.6 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@alex.nae01

Hi,

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Are any of the replies below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the most appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

@alex.nae01

Hi,

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
1.3k 3 2 4

Hi @alex.nae01 ,

This issue occurs from time to time but it's out of our scope.
One way to bypass it is to install blocking dependency before retrying refinitiv-data install.

pip install numpy
pip install refinitiv-data

Note that when you want to install a new version, it's recommended to use following command line:

pip install --upgrade refinitiv-data

It'll update all dependencies at the expected version too

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
1 0 0 1

Hi, thank you so much for your response, I have spoken with refinitiv helpdesk and they diverted me to this forum. I really dont know who I can ask for help on this. I have tried installing numpy and then refinitiv-data only to get the same error. error2.png

error2.png (109.6 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
1.3k 3 2 4

I found same error here => pkgutil library only supports Python 3.11 and older !
Are you using Python 3.12 ?

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
1 0 0 1

yes, yes I am, I will roll to an older version and keep you updated. thank you for your help

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
24.8k 54 17 14

Hello @alex.nae01

I suggest you try the Python Virtual environment tools like Anaconda or Miniconda Python distribution/package manager for manage your Python environments. With Conda, you can create multiple Python environments that use different Python and libraries versions.

### Example with Miniconda ###

Step 1: Create a new environment.

(base) C:/conda create --name RDLib python=3.10

Step 2: Activate the RDLib environment.

(base) C:/conda activate RDLib 
(RDLib) C:/pip install refinitiv.data

You can find more detail about the Python environment management from this Conda: Managing environments page.

There is a step-by-step guide about how to setup the Refinitiv Data Library - Python on PyCharm IDE using Conda available on https://developers.lseg.com/en/article-catalog/article/how-to-set-up-python-development-project-with-pycharm page.

I hope this information helps.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.