Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 0 0

using Python to download all securities that have exposures to a country, a sector, or a company to excel

I wanted to download from Refinitiv Eikon all securities (including equities, bonds, etc.) that have exposure to a given country, using Python. But I have no experience using Python to download anything from Eikon at all. Wondering if anyone can help me on this.

I also wanted to download all securities that have exposure to a given sector of a country, using Python.

Lastly, I wanted download all securities that have exposure to a given issuer name, say Chevron.

Any help will be appreciated! Thanks!!

eikon-data-apipython#technologybulk-downloadcompanysectorscountry-code
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@jeremie.zhou

Hi,

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Is the reply below satisfactory in answering your question?

If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

@jeremie.zhou

Hi,

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
5k 16 2 7

Hi @jeremie.zhou ,

You can do that using Search capabilities of RD Libraries for Python, please check the quick start and examples here.

As for the search functions this and also this articles is going to be very useful. Additionally you can use the Advanced Search app from LSEG Workspace to filter the companies and the export the python query for a programatic access. Click on Export query below and then select Codebook to get the Python code:

screenshot-2023-12-15-at-134216.png

Hope this will help you get started, feel free to let us know if you will have any issues using the functions.

Best regards,

Haykaz

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
1 0 0 0

Thank you Haykaz for your advice. I will try it.

Best regards, Jeremie

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.