question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 0 0

What is the difference between 'OR' and 'AND' in Refinitiv Eikon Fund Screener?

What is the difference between 'OR' and 'AND' in Refinitiv Eikon Fund Screener? Because when I put, for example: Asset status is active AND Primary flag is yes AND asset universe is Mutual funds AND (Lipper Global is Equity France AND Lipper Global is equity sector energy), it works only when I use OR, that is (Lipper Global is Equity France OR Lipper Global is equity sector energy). However, I ask for French equity in the energy sector.

#technologyrefinitiv-data-platformfundsscreener
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hi @sana1.benabdallah-ext ,

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?
If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply? This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,
AHS

@sana1.benabdallah-ext

Hi,

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvote
Accepted
1.6k 3 2 3

Hi @sana1.benabdallah-ext , I assume your goal in your sample query is to include funds that are classified as "French Equity" or classified as "equity sector Energy". Because you said using "OR" works. The classification is mutually exclusive. That means, one fund can only be classified in one class. So there will be no fund matches (classified in) 2 or more classifications at the same time. That is why if you "AND" operator for classifications in the screener, you will not get any fund.

If your goal is to screen funds that are equity funds and investment is focused on some specific sectors such as energy. You can try to use the classification for the sector energy funds and use Geographical focus to screen for funds only focus in France.

This is not a technical question, I suggest you raise that to customer support team for a more detailed description or guides to help you use the FSCREEN app. This forum is for developer asking LSEG API programming related questions.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hi @bob.lee many thanks for your answer.

Yes, my goal is to screen funds that are equity funds on France energy sector.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.