question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 0 2

Excel Formula for Beginner

I'm trying to do a couple of very simple tasks in Excel: 1. retrieve a RIC based on ISIN and 2. retrieve GICS industry group based on the RIC (I'm not even sure if there is a way to retrieve the industry group from ISIN).

Currently, I would first use Build Formula to grab RICs. An example of formula looked like =TR($L$12,"TR.RIC","CH=Fd RH=IN",M13. Then I would manually type in =TR($L$12,"TR.GICSIndustryGroup") in a different cell using the cell reference. However, I don't know how to apply this last formula to other cells. So if there's a list of RICs in A1:A25, then I want to populate the GICS industry group for each of the RIC. I can't seem to drag the formula down so the cell reference dynamically applies to the next cell while keeping the formula, so I've been manually typing the same formula while only changing the cell reference.

If you could walk me through like I'm five, that would be amazing. I'm very new to this.

eikonworkspace#technologyexcel
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hi @Yoojin ,

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?
If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply? This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,
AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,
AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
79.2k 251 52 74

@Yoojin

Thank you for reaching out to us.

As fas as I know, it can retrieve both RIC and industry group from ISIN within one formula.

For example:

=TR("US4592001014","TR.RIC;TR.GICSIndustryGroup")

1707276144624.png

However, for the questions regarding Eikon Excel, please contact the Eikon support team directly via MyRefinitiv. The support team can help you generating and verifying the Excel formulas.

1707276144624.png (8.5 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Thank you. I'll reach out to the support team.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.