question

Upvotes
Accepted
5 0 0 2

OpenDacs : Getting user IP for Position usage and actions needed on multiple positions

Hello,

I'm using OpenDACS .NET, and the use case is basically end-user authentication and permissions check for the application.

I'd like to know how important is that the Position IP Address is correct and valid to DACS and Refinitiv? Since this is an company internal application.

I'm using SignalR to stream data, and using this command to get the user Ip:
Context.GetHttpContext()?.Connection.RemoteIpAddress?.MapToIPv4().ToString()
Being "Context" part of the class HubCallerContext
Is this valid?

Also, regarding multiple positions, is this handled by DACS itself, or any action needed in the OpenDACS side? I got a bit confused.

If a user logs in with another ip address, does the previous one get logged out or is He not allowed to log in twice? In case that a maximum of 1 simultaneous user is set.

And if a user joins multiple times with the same ip address, is this allowed and compliant? Since it would be the same credentials.

Best Regards,
Jose Cruz

#technologyDACSopen-dacs
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hi @jose.cruz ,

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?
If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply? This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,
AHS

Hi @jose.cruz ,

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and marked as such.

Thank you,

AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
22.1k 59 14 21

Hi @jose.cruz,

The answer to your question will depend on your intended use for this information. Typically, DACS is used for generating exchange reports for billing purposes. In this case, the IP address of the user is not as important as the correct data entitlements. However in the internal applications, the market data administrators might be interested in limiting access to certain IP address only. Single or multiple login for a same user is also configured by the DACS administrator.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.