question

Upvotes
Accepted
3 0 0 3

PemID website search redirects to homepage

Search on the PermID website stopped working at about 11.35 GMT on 1st March. All search requests are redirecting back to the home page.

#productsearch
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@trubens

Hi,

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Are any of the replies below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the most appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
79.2k 251 52 74

@trubens

The API limitations are specified on the FAQ page.

7. Are there any restrictions on usage?
We enforce daily and concurrent rate limits on the PermID.org APIs to protect our servers. The daily limit is 5,000 requests (500 for Open Calais), and the concurrent limit varies by API from 1-4 calls per second. If your use case requires higher limits for the Refinitiv Intelligent Tagging, please contact permid.feedback@lseg.com

I am not sure if it is also applied to the PermID Website. You can contact the permid.feedback@lseg.com to confirm this.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
79.2k 251 52 74

@trubens

Thank you for reaching out to us.

I am testing it and it is working fine.

1709295658577.png

1709295658577.png (54.0 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
3 0 0 3

Thanks for the prompt response. I tried again on multiple browsers and still not working. I then tried on my phone over a 4G connection and it DOES work, both anonymously and logged in!

I then went back to my laptop and looked at the network traffic to the browser and notice I'm getting an http 429 response code (too many requests):

URL: https://permid.org/api/search?q=glencore&num=5&start=1&selected=all

This seems odd because I've only been doing manual searches on the website for a few hours this morning (not using the API) so no chance I've exceeded 5000 requests in the last 24 hours.

Also it seems odd that it works logged in on my phone, so it seems the quota is associated with the IP address of my laptop, My public facing IP address is currently 95.145.0.99

Could you confirm how the 5000 request quota works, and why it seems my IP address has been blocked?

Thanks.

Toby.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
3 0 0 3

Two other points:

If I request a specific PermID on the website it does give me a full response, even though search is NOT working.

Earlier I tried to view https://permid.org/1-5000700978 and it was (and still is) hanging, so I wonder if there was some retry going on in the background which was incrementing towards my quota?

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
3 0 0 3

Enabled a VPN on my laptop and search started working, so does seem there is something going on with search quota versus IP address.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.