question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 1 4

[Refinitiv.data Python API] How can I request Internal RIC via ATS source using the get_data function ?

Hello,

How Can I get internal RICs data using Refinitiv.data API ?

When requesting global data, it works very well like the script below :

import refinitiv.data as rd
rd.open_session(app_key = 'xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx')
data = rd.get_data(universe=["XXX"],fields = ["BID"])

Now I wanna do the same thing, but this time to get data from an Internal RIC via ATS.

PS: In Excel I am able to run the following formula: =RtGet("ATS", "INTERNAL_RIC", "BID") To get access to a quote from an internal instrument and =RtGet("IDN";"RIC";"BID") for the other instruments.

Please find the same question here with no solution :

https://community.developers.refinitiv.com/questions/104281/eikon-python-api-how-do-i-specify-a-source-when-fe.html

Thanks and regards,

#productrefinitiv-data-libraries
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@malaouiismaili

Hi,

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Are any of the replies below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the most appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

@malaouiismaili

Hi,

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
22.1k 59 14 21

Hi @malaouiismaili,

You will not be able to get data from ATS using the Desktop session within RD Library.

You may be able to get data using Websockets API or using Platform session in RD Library and requesting Streaming Pricing, if the websocket interface is enabled on your RTMDS, and you have network connectivity to ADS.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvote
24.7k 54 17 14

Hello @malaouiismaili

If you are using the Data library, please see my colleagues answers on this Python API refinitiv.data , how to query internal RIC (ATS) old post.

However, the Desktop session (with Workspace) does not support this feature as mentioned by my colleague above.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.