For a deeper look into our World Check One API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads

question

Upvotes
Accepted
21 0 0 0

Timeout error on calling screeningRequest API

Hello Team,

I've been exploring the World Check One API for sanction screening in the test environment. Thus far, I've successfully authenticated and connected to several endpoints, including those listed below:

• Step 1: Select an endpoint - /v2/groups
  • Step 2: Choose a tool for your request - made requests to REST endpoints
  • Step 3: Send your request and review your response - /v2/groups returned a status of 200

Currently, I'm attempting to connect to the cases/screeningRequest endpoint, but I'm encountering some challenges. The API is responding with a timeout issue, even though I have the timeout set to 30 seconds. When I remove the timeout parameter, I receive the response "Status: 0; Message: Empty reply from server".

Below is the JSON I'm sending. The same JSON works fine in POSTMAN:

{"groupId": "MY-GROUP-ID","entityType": "ORGANISATION","caseId": "","providerTypes": ["WATCHLIST"],"caseScreeningState": {"WATCHLIST": "INITIAL"},"name": "Apple", "nameTransposition": false,"secondaryFields": [],"customFields": [] }

I'm using PHP, and I've attached my sample code.

Has anyone else experienced this issue before or could one point me to the section in my code i need to fix?

wordCheckOne.txt

#technologyscreening-apiworldcheck-one-apisanctions
wordcheckone.txt (10.3 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello,

I've noticed there is a bug on line 181 if($payload) curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_POSTFIELDS, $payloadJson);

It should be if($payload) curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_POSTFIELDS, $payload);

Correcting the above done not fix the issue.

Hello @lazaro

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply? This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,

AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
21 0 0 0

Hello @judith.pillado.lseg

For some weird reason i started receiving a response. Didn't make any change on my end which is strange.

I'll keep monitoring.

Thanks

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @lazaro - thanks for the update. Let me know if there's anything else I can help you with.

Best,

Judith

Upvotes
1.1k 2 2 3

Hello @lazaro - thank you for reaching out to us. Unfortunately, we are unable to debug code/code for clients; however, have you tried extending the timeout exception? We always recommending waiting to throw a timeout exception between the 60 - 90 second mark. Looking forward to your response.

Judith

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.