Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 1 2 5

Error code 403 | RD-PYTHON-LIB is invalid

Hi everybody,

I am trying to get some Green Bond Data & yesterday everything worked fine.

My approach looks as follows:

green_bonds = rd.discovery.search(
view = rd.discovery.Views.GOV_CORP_INSTRUMENTS,
top = 10000,
filter = "(DbType eq 'CORP' and IsActive eq true and (IsGreenBond eq true))",
select = "RIC,EJVAssetID,DTSubjectName,BusinessEntity,PI,SearchAllCategoryv3,SearchAllCategoryv2,SearchAllCategory,DBSTicker,CouponRate,MaturityDate,IssueDate,ISIN,RCSCurrencyLeaf,RCSCountryLeaf,DbTypeDescription,InstrumentTypeDescription,RCSCouponTypeGenealogy,FaceIssuedUSD,RCSBondGradeLeaf,RCSFIClassificationCodes,IsGreenBond",
order_by = "IssueDate,DTSubjectName desc")

The response I get today is:

RDError: Error code 403 | {"ErrorCode":1401,"ErrorMessage":"Application id RD-PYTHON-LIB is invalid"}. Contact Refinitiv to check your permissions.

I dont get it, yesterday and all the days before the very same code worked fine.

I also tried out different APP-IDs; no success.

What is the issue here?

Kind regards

workspace#technologypython apirefinitiv-data-libraries
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
10.6k 20 6 9

@s2782245 As this is a query coming from an academic institution you need to check with the Librarian or person responsible at your institution for the Eikon or Workspace instance. I have checked the call and it does work - so it is something about the setup that has changed.

1711644037664.png

Can you try this in the Codebook app and see if this works?

I would also open the APPKEY app and create a new appkey making sure to check the EDP and Eikon Data API boxes and use that when opening a session.

1711644207754.png

I hope this can help. Let us know how you are getting on.

1711644037664.png (322.3 KiB)
1711644207754.png (81.8 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
1 1 2 5

Hi Jason,

thank you very much for your reply. Indeed, I do get an answer if I execute the code in the Codebook app (see picture attached). However, creating a new appkey as indicated, does not work. How can we resolve this? What could have caused this issue?

Kind regards1711645417783.png

1711645417783.png (98.6 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

FIXED: I can not tell why but this worked:

rd.open_session()
rd.close_session()
rd.open_session()

Then continuing with the initial request as stated above.

Upvotes
1 1 2 5

FIXED: I can not tell why but this worked:

1. rd.open_session()

1. rd.close_session()

1. rd.open_session()

Then continuing with the initial request as stated above.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
10.6k 20 6 9

@s2782245 What version of the Refinitiv Data Library are you using ? I would pip install the latest version and see if that helps any. Im not certain if you are running multiple sessions or similar (which I would avoid). Observe the behaviour and let us know if you have any other issues. I hope this can help.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.