Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 1 1 5

Error code 403 | RD-PYTHON-LIB is invalid

Hi everybody,

I am trying to get some Green Bond Data & yesterday everything worked fine.

My approach looks as follows:

green_bonds = rd.discovery.search(
view = rd.discovery.Views.GOV_CORP_INSTRUMENTS,
top = 10000,
filter = "(DbType eq 'CORP' and IsActive eq true and (IsGreenBond eq true))",
select = "RIC,EJVAssetID,DTSubjectName,BusinessEntity,PI,SearchAllCategoryv3,SearchAllCategoryv2,SearchAllCategory,DBSTicker,CouponRate,MaturityDate,IssueDate,ISIN,RCSCurrencyLeaf,RCSCountryLeaf,DbTypeDescription,InstrumentTypeDescription,RCSCouponTypeGenealogy,FaceIssuedUSD,RCSBondGradeLeaf,RCSFIClassificationCodes,IsGreenBond",
order_by = "IssueDate,DTSubjectName desc")

The response I get today is:

RDError: Error code 403 | {"ErrorCode":1401,"ErrorMessage":"Application id RD-PYTHON-LIB is invalid"}. Contact Refinitiv to check your permissions.

I dont get it, yesterday and all the days before the very same code worked fine.

I also tried out different APP-IDs; no success.

What is the issue here?

Kind regards

workspace#technologypython apirefinitiv-data-libraries
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hi @s2782245 ,

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?
If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply? This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,
AHS

Hi,

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and marked as such.

Thank you,

AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
10.2k 18 6 9

@s2782245 As this is a query coming from an academic institution you need to check with the Librarian or person responsible at your institution for the Eikon or Workspace instance. I have checked the call and it does work - so it is something about the setup that has changed.

1711644037664.png

Can you try this in the Codebook app and see if this works?

I would also open the APPKEY app and create a new appkey making sure to check the EDP and Eikon Data API boxes and use that when opening a session.

1711644207754.png

I hope this can help. Let us know how you are getting on.

1711644037664.png (322.3 KiB)
1711644207754.png (81.8 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
1 1 1 5

Hi Jason,

thank you very much for your reply. Indeed, I do get an answer if I execute the code in the Codebook app (see picture attached). However, creating a new appkey as indicated, does not work. How can we resolve this? What could have caused this issue?

Kind regards1711645417783.png

1711645417783.png (98.6 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

FIXED: I can not tell why but this worked:

rd.open_session()
rd.close_session()
rd.open_session()

Then continuing with the initial request as stated above.

Upvotes
1 1 1 5

FIXED: I can not tell why but this worked:

1. rd.open_session()

1. rd.close_session()

1. rd.open_session()

Then continuing with the initial request as stated above.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
10.2k 18 6 9

@s2782245 What version of the Refinitiv Data Library are you using ? I would pip install the latest version and see if that helps any. Im not certain if you are running multiple sessions or similar (which I would avoid). Observe the behaviour and let us know if you have any other issues. I hope this can help.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.