Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 1 1 2

python refinitiv.dataplatform module - configuration issue

I am trying to upgrade the refinitiv-dataplatform from 1.0.0a0 to 1.0.0a21. I have encountered a KeyError on config-change-notifications-enabled which is similar with one(https://community.developers.refinitiv.com/questions/96904/refinitivdata-module-python.html)

I see there is a file named rdplibconfig.default.json under \Lib\site-packages\refinitiv\dataplatform which contain the config 'config-change-notifications-enabled'. But somehow the program failed to read it and still returns the error as shown below:

File "refinitiv\dataplatform\_external_libraries\python_configuration\configuration.py", line 155, in __getitem__
KeyError: 'config-change-notifications-enabled'

I also tried something like os.environ["RD_LIB_CONFIG_PATH"] = "./", but no lucky.

python#technologypython apiconfiguration
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hi @hongwaiwong ,

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Are any of the replies below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the most appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thank you,

AHS

Hi,

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and marked as such.

Thank you,

AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvote
Accepted
24.8k 54 17 14

Hello @hongwaiwong

The library on the refinitiv.data module (python) old post is the strategic Data Library for Python (PyPI: refinitiv-data), not the refinitiv-data-platform (PyPI: refinitiv-dataplatform).

I strongly suggest you migrate to the Data Library for Python instead. It is the replacement for the refinitiv-data-platform which contains new features (file configuration, support more endpoints, etc.), bug fixed. You can find more detail about the Data Library for Python from the following resources:

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.