question

Upvotes
Accepted
23 0 0 2

All possible fields for fundamental data using Python Refinitiv API get_data() call

I've setup a Python script using the Refinitiv API and would like to retrieve a list of all fundamental fields.

The example followed can be found via: https://github.com/LSEG-API-Samples/Example.DataLibrary.Python/blob/main/Examples/1-Access/EX-1.01.01-GetData.ipynb and https://github.com/LSEG-API-Samples/Example.DataLibrary.Python/blob/main/Examples/2-Content/2.09-FundamentalAndReference/EX-2.09.01-FundamentalAndReference.ipynb

These examples contain fields like "TR.Revenue.date", "TR.Revenue", "TR.GrossProfit".

Where can I find documentation on all fields that are available for fundamental data. Such as income, balans sheet and cashflow related fields. e.g. Revenue, Assets, CAPEX, etc. etc. etc.?

Using the following code, fields for the standardized balance sheet are retrieved, I now would like to know how to get the IncomeSheet and Cashflow statement.

1. import refinitiv.data as rd
  3. rd.open_session()
  5. df =rd.get_data(['ASML.AS'],
  6. ['TR.F.BalanceSheet.fieldname','TR.F.BalanceSheet.fielddescription','TR.F.BalanceSheet'],
  7. parameters = {'Period': 'FY0','reportingState':'Rsdt', 'curn':'Native', 'Scale':'6','SORTA':'LISeq'})
  9. rd.close_session()

pythonapi#content
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
5.2k 16 2 7

Hi @r.fernandez ,

You can check the available fields by using Data Item Browser (DIB) app within LSEG Workspace/Eikon.

Additionally, this notebook contains a lot of examples using some of those fields: Examples.DataLibrary.Python.EquityResearch/Research notebooks/Company_Tear_Sheet.ipynb at main · LSEG-API-Samples/Examples.DataLibrary.Python.EquityResearch (github.com)

Finally, for more comprehensive list you may want to reach out to our content team by posting a query via my.refinitiv.com or Workspace/Eikon Help centre.

Best regards,

Haykaz

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.