For a deeper look into our DataScope Select REST API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials

question

Upvotes
Accepted
3 0 0 1

Moving from manual access to the SFTP site to use an automated process to connect using Public/Private keys.

Speaking to the dev team at my end it seems that we have manual access to the SFTP site but we are planning to use an automated process to connect using Public/Private keys.

I believe you have been sent our Public key and we now need your private key. Is that a fair assumption?

Will you be able to share the private key with me and confirm you have our public key?

#technologysftp
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
14.9k 32 5 10

Hi @waseem.bari ,

Have you had a chance to follow "how to generate the private and public key files" in the LSEG DataScope Select SFTP User Guide, which you can View Guide on MyAccount (requires registration)
Then you can use, let say, supported programming language to connect to SFTP automately
1714728676431.png

Or would you like to consider using DSS REST API instead of SFTP server, with an API, the data can be retrieved easily and effectively. (REST API also support on-demand extraction)

The tutorials can be found here

I hope this helps and please let me know in case you have any further questions.

1714728676431.png (92.5 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
83.1k 281 53 77

@waseem.bari

Thank you for reaching out to us.

Please refer to the LSEG DataScope Select SFTP User Guide document regarding how to setup key authentication. It is in the Manual SFTP with Key Authentication section.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.