question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 0 0

Can TESTSERVER (from infratools) send a Dictionary to sink application?

HI all:

I´m trying to make testserver SENDS DICTIONARY after successful login from a sink app: I mean, instead the sink app reads a local dictionary file (RDMField….) the sink app should download DICTIONARY from testserver.

The whole scenario is: testserver replaying captured data in an isolated environment (I mean not connected to RTDS). At the moment, all attempts and parameters passed to testserver (according PDF documentation and testserver online help) were unsuccessful and my sink app claims about not receiving Dictionary.

Not sure if any of you know if testserver is capable of sending dictionary or not.

Hope my explanation is clear.

trep#product
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvote
Accepted
24.3k 62 15 21

Hi @javier.pandolfi,

The testserver does not have the capability to send the data dictionary to a client application. Your app will have to load the data dictionary from local files - which often is just a matter of configuration change with latest SDK like EMA.

Alternatively, you can install RTMDS component like ADS in your test environment - which can provide data dictionary.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
1 0 0 0

Great! Thanks for your answer. Your answer saved my time doing more testing.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.