question

Upvotes
Accepted
81 4 8 14

Getting "ThomsonReuters.Desktop.SDK.DataAccess.TinyIoCResolutionException" in C# ConsoleApp but not WPF

I can use the Eikon .Net API without issues from within a WPF application. However, the same code run by being instantiated within a Console Application throws the following error after submitting a historical data request: "ThomsonReuters.Desktop.SDK.DataAccess.TinyIoCResolutionException"

I am absolutely sure that I included all dlls and references, and as mentioned the wrapper works perfectly fine from within a WPF application.

What do I need to do in order to run the same code from within a Console Application without an implicit message pump? Hint: I use Dispatcher.CurrentDispatcher to use whenever I invoke a call to the Eikon .Net API but I am afraid that this does not work from within a Console Application. Please could you not refer me to the Console Application sample code, it does not work in a WPF environment and vice versa, sample code from your WPF app does not work from within a Console Application environment.

IMPORTANT: I need to run the 100% identical code without any alterations regardless whether it is from within a WPF or Console Application.

Thanks

eikoneikon-data-apieikon-com-apic#
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

What type is it unable to resolve? And what's the call stack for the exception?

Upvotes
Accepted
81 4 8 14

Problem is resolved after I created a new console app.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
1 0 0 1

Can u share sample code for console application c# ?

icon clock
10 |1500

There's a bunch of examples you can download from the Downloads section on Eikon .NET APIs page on this portal.

Thank you for the response, we don't have to define anything in the app .config? as there is nothing in app.config for configurations in the applications in Downloads

No, you don't have to define anything in App.config file.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.