question

Upvotes
3 0 1 5

Full arrival dataset for a specific port, similar to how the PORTS app works via API.

The client raised this via Q&A however unable to get any response hence following up on a different post.

Refer to the below link:

Can you return full arrival dataset for a specific port, similar to how the PORTS app works. - Forum | Refinitiv Developer Community

Client would like to return a dataframe with all the vessel arrivals historically that have entered a given port. The PORTS app does this but is manual and only allows for 15,000 data points to be extracted.

21663-ports.jpg

Already aware of the Shipping Asset Folder via CODEBK and reviewed links from here
Is there a way to retrieve PORT SEARCH data from Eikon via Python API? - Forum | Refinitiv Developer Community

Python API - calling historical vessel data/ list of vessel RICS - Forum | Refinitiv Developer Community

But this is not what he is looking for.

PORTS returns the list of vessels that have arrived in the given location within a time period as set by the user. E.g. I want to return all tankers that arrived at Singapore Port within the timeframe 01/01/2024-01/02/2024 and it will return all entries with given entry date. I want to do this, but your first link only returns the future arrivals and doesn’t give anything regarding historical data. The second link only returns information when a vessel is set not a port.

Please can you confirm if PORTS app can replicate the same in API. Thanks

#contentpython api
21663-ports.jpg (114.6 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
25.7k 58 17 14

Hello @jeremiemae.celajes

Thank you for reaching out to us. I have tried to check if the Ports App data is available on the API, but no luck. There is the "PORTS" RIC but the data is not what the client is looking for.

port.png

Please be informed that not every data/apps on the Workspace desktop application that available via the API too.

I strongly suggest you contact the Workspace support team or this Ports App team directly to verify if the data is available via API.

We do not have the Workspace or Ports app team contact.

Sorry for an inconvenience.

port.png (20.0 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.