question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 1 1 4

TRKD:How to detect when stock symbol have changed

Do you have a resolution to

1. How to know when stocks have changed symbol from NASDAQ:A to NASDAQ:B
  2. How to know when stocks have changed exchange from NASDAQ:A to NYSE:A?

3. What is `Company ID Type` to reference fundamental and financial data even stock has changed exchange or symbol? there're RIC, ISIN, REPNO and more. I'm using RIC to reference NASDAQ:A as A.O to get all stock information every day. But when NASDAQ:A has changed to NASDAQ:B, RIC=A.O isn't working and won't change data to new exchange or symbol. So I have duplicated stocks in my product, both NASDAQ:A and NASDAQ:B.
rkd-apirkd
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

"Ask an Expert" message sent to Wim Ooms.

"Ask an Expert" message sent to Wim Ooms (again) and Greg Lee.

Asked an expert of Wim Ooms, Dan Tripp, and

Kadiatou Diallo, asked for follow-up in case they are not able to help.

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query? If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.
Thanks, AHS

@g219,

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
327 2 2 2

1) & 2) You need to check the changes page in order to find if there is a symbol change. US/CHANGES1 page will provide you a list of US stock exchange information and in specific for NYSE it will be NYS/CHANGE2. Foe entire universe you can refer to WORLD/CHANGE1.

3) You can search financial statements for a company using RIC or REPONO. On TRKD API search you can use search service i.e., ISSUEISIN to RIC & REPONO with primary RIC fitler as an addition.

Also there is no NASDAQ A or B. We have exchange code .OQ for NASDAQ specific exchange code or .O which is NASDAQ consolidated RIC which gets values from different regional exchanges of US

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.