question

Upvotes
Accepted
3 0 0 1

Understand the RIC structure of the futures MEDM24

For this futures quote RIC: MEDM24 which is the quotePermID: 21956505209
i don't understand what the fifth digit '2' has to do with it.
as far as i understand the RIC components when it comes to futures is:

{rootCode}{deliveryMonthCode}{expiryYearCode}
That would mean that the expiryYearCode is '24' instead of '4' that i am expecting.
is '24' a valid year code? and does it actually mean 2024?

#contentricsfutures
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
7.1k 18 2 8

Hi @SNicolaou ,

The 24 in the RIC indeed means year 2024. Please note that for set of exchanges two-digit year code has been introduced earlier this year. Please see Data Notications here. If you have any follow up questions re the structure change I would advice raising a content query my my.refinitiv.com.

I have also updated this article to account for the change. Please have a look, that might be useful, if you need to reconstruct or find future RICs.

Hope this help.

Best regards,

Haykaz

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

it was that article that I initially looked at to try and understand it. That's why I posted the question.
I wasn't aware of the 'two digit' code change.
thanks for the prompt response

I learned about the change recently myself, and updated the code in the article just a couple of days ago.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.