question

Upvotes
Accepted
18 1 3 4

ASX Tick Size Tables via RDP or ?

Hi,

I'm trying to determine how or where I can receive the Tick Size Tables for a stock on the ASX Market. There is a standard tick size/price steps table shown below. However the note in the screen shot below indicates other security types can different rules.

The ASX documentaton asx-trade-introduction-and-business-information.pdf (asxonline.com) says these tables are available via their feed, I'm wondering are these available via RDP or another data source from LSEG?

1723156373931.png

Thanks,

refinitiv-realtimedatascope-select#contentreference-data
1723156373931.png (28.9 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
85k 289 53 77

@c.b.

Thank you for reaching out to us.

I found that this information is available via this real-time RIC (AU-ASX/TICK1).

You can use the rd.get_data method to retrive this data.

df = rd.get_data('AU-ASX/TICK1')
for column in df:
    print(df[column].to_string(index=False))

The output is:

1723189818035.png

1723189818035.png (42.7 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
18 1 3 4

Thanks,

I was able to retrieve the details however they are in text format, so not very workable, however I've also found they are available in the Data Scope Select "Premium Financial Markets Reference Data" data.

A follow up question, is it possible to link this data with a particular product. As you've shown above, various products have different rules, although the text above says "Interest Rate Securities" use those rules, as per my screen shot from ASX, that isn't entirly true as redeemable preference shares are excluded.

icon clock
10 |1500

@c.b.

Please contact the helpdesk team directly via MyAccount regarding content questions.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.