question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 1 2

Obtaining Years alongside retrieval of Fundamental Data Asynchronously

Hi everyone,

I have a question regarding the Date column not coming with get_data_async function calls. When I am making calls like so:

roa_datapoints = await content.fundamental_and_reference.Definition(universe=[f'{ric}'],fields=["TR.F.IncBefDiscOpsExordItems","TR.F.TotCurrAssets","TR.CommonName"],parameters={"SDate": f"{start_year}-01-01", "EDate": f"{today_date_obj.date()}", "Frq" : "Y"}).get_data_async(closure=f'')

The Year Column doesn't come alongside the data. This is shown in the screenshot attached. 1724058483237.png

As you can see, there isn't a Year Column with the data. This is the same with Balance Sheet datapoints, such as Cash and Cash Equivalents, Total Current Assets, Total Assets, etc. and this is the same for any Revenue historical values that I pull. I need to have a 'Year' column, in order to know which Year each row is from. Any idea how I can be able to get the Year Column alongside my data (pulled with get_data_async)? When I use get_data(), I am able to get it, but I don't want to use synchronous functions for my use case, and I want to stay away from that. When trying to check the code itself for get_data_async(), I didn't see anything that pointed to this issue. I would appreciate if I can have some guidance on this issue.

Thanks!

pythonrdp-api#contentrefinitiv-data-librariesfundamental-dataasynchronousreference-data
1724058483237.png (33.4 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
7.1k 18 2 8

Hi @vishal.nanwani ,

You can call .date on the fields you are looking the dates for, for example, you can add "TR.F.TotCurrAssets.date" and will show the date for the field.

Additionally, you can check other output parameters for the fields from Data Item Browser:

screenshot-2024-08-19-at-120450.png

So the output for your first query will look like:

roa_datapoints = await fundamental_and_reference.Definition(universe=[f'AAPL.O'],fields=["TR.F.IncBefDiscOpsExordItems","TR.F.TotCurrAssets","TR.F.TotCurrAssets.date", "TR.CommonName"],parameters={"SDate": "2020-01-01", "EDate": "2022-02-01", "Frq" : "Y"}).get_data_async(closure=f'')
roa_datapoints.data.df

screenshot-2024-08-19-at-120608.png

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Haykaz

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
1 0 1 2

The other places where this happens are:

test_response = await content.fundamental_and_reference.Definition(universe=f'AAPL.O',fields=["TR.F.CashCashEquivTot","TR.F.TotCurrAssets","TR.F.PPENetTot","TR.F.TotAssets","TR.F.DebtLTTot",'TR.F.TotLiab','TR.CurrentLiabilitiesActValue'], parameters={"SDate": f"{five_years_ago.date()}", "EDate": f"{one_year_from_now.date()}", "Frq" : "Y"}).get_data_async(closure='Apple')

1724063553244.png

The same is to do with Revenue ,if I retrieve it for different periods, I cannot get the Year column along with it, or any kind of Date, which makes it very hard to tell when each datapoint is for.

1724063553244.png (37.0 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.