question

Upvotes
Accepted
54 1 0 5

Company Events Data do not get downloaded in Python Workspace API

When using the Python Workspace API under Windows 10, Events data for companies are not getting downloaded, even if parameters (e.g. Start-End Dates or Event Types) are changed.

For example, the following code:

RICs=['MMM.N','ABDP.L','ABT.N','ABSO.ST','ACN.N','ARBN.AS','ADNGk.DE','ADBE.OQ','AMSU.L','ADYEN.AS','ABNB.OQ','ALRM.OQ','ALGN.OQ','A1OS.DE','AEIGn.DE','MO.N','AMDG.DE','AMA.MC','AMZN.OQ']

Fields=['TR.RICCode','AVAIL(TR.CommonName,TR.CompanyName)','TR.EventStartDate','TR.EventEndDate','TR.EventType','TR.EventTitle.companyEvent']

df=rd.get_data(RICs, Fields, parameters={'SDate':'2024-08-22','Edate':'2025-08-22','EventType':'ALL','NULL':'Blank'})

only returns data for the first RIC.

How can data for all RICs (with the same parameters for all RICs) be downloaded at the same time?

workspace#technologypython apirefinitiv-data-libraries
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
7.1k 18 2 8

I see your point, try without EventType:All, see below:

df=rd.get_data(RICs, Fields, parameters={'SDate':'2024-08-22','Edate':'2025-08-22','NULL':'Blank'})
df

screenshot-2024-08-22-at-160104.png

Best regards,

Haykaz

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
7.1k 18 2 8

Hi @IoannisG ,

It seems there is no data for the rest of the instruments for the requested period. I have checked with 'SDate':'2023-08-22' and I seem to have the data for all.

RICs=['MMM.N','ABDP.L','ABT.N','ABSO.ST','ACN.N','ARBN.AS','ADNGk.DE','ADBE.OQ','AMSU.L','ADYEN.AS','ABNB.OQ','ALRM.OQ','ALGN.OQ','A1OS.DE','AEIGn.DE','MO.N','AMDG.DE','AMA.MC','AMZN.OQ']

Fields=['TR.RIC','AVAIL(TR.CommonName,TR.CompanyName)','TR.EventStartDate','TR.EventEndDate','TR.EventType','TR.EventTitle.companyEvent']

df=rd.get_data(RICs, Fields, parameters={'SDate':'2023-08-22','Edate':'2025-08-22','EventType':'ALL','NULL':'Blank'})

df

screenshot-2024-08-22-at-154013.png

Best regards,

Haykaz

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
54 1 0 5

Hello,

Thanks for your reply, but I am only interested in future events from the current date onwards, old events before the current date I do not need.

How can it be that there is no data for some big companies (e.g. ADBE.OQ, AMZN.OQ), even if a one-year interval from today and All Event Types are specified? With the same parameters, other big companies have data (e.g. MMM.N).

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
54 1 0 5

Thanks, your suggestion works for the given sample RICs, but not for other RICs (e.g. RICs=['ABI.BR','ANSS.OQ','AAPL.OQ','ASSAb.ST','AOFG.DE'] ).

Is there something that works for all RICs all of the time, when data are available (e.g. with your suggestion now AAPL.OQ and the other RICs in the new list do not work).

I do not want to have to change parameters all of the time on a trial-and-error basis, the code should work for all RICs when the parameters are reasonable (e.g. 1 year from current date, all event types).

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
7.1k 18 2 8

That is not related to the paramater (eg AAPL.OQ didn't work with provided parameter either), but instead the RICs you are using. I have tried the following RICs from same companies and see the outputs:

RICs=['BUD','ANSS.O','AAPL.O','ASSAbSEK.xbo','AOFG.F']

screenshot-2024-08-22-at-164646.png

Why that's available with these RICs and not the other you can check by raising a content query to helpdesk via Help&Support section in Workspace or via my.refinitiv.com.

Best regards,

Haykaz

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
54 1 0 5

The problem still exists and is being investigated by the Helpdesk.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.