question

Upvotes
Accepted
219 7 20 35

Differentiate between unsolicited even stream close by api and user requsted

Hello, we use RFA 8.2 C++ api to consumer market data.

After interest is being registered by a consumer application which registered for `completion event` for particular symbol by calling `registerClient()`, how it can differentiate between unsolicited close by api and user requested [by calling `unregisterClient()` close in processEvent? is there any alternative?

I need to take some action if and only if completion event is due to unsolicited close by api. Is there any alternative?

Currently the problem I am facing with the api is that in `processEvent` when I check for `isEvenStreamClosed` I don't know if even stream is closed by api[unsolicited close] or it is due to application's request[by calling unregisterClient].

I can think of checking it in Status Message but there I can't use `isEventStreamClosed`

#technologyrfarfa-apic++
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
24.8k 64 15 21

Hello @mktdata,

Why doesn't you application maintain a simple hashmap of the (instrument/close requested) data. Or it could also append this information into the closure object.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.