question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 0 0

Downloading Historical Equities data

Hi,

I have a fairly heavy task and the LSEG help desk recommended that I put this question here in the dev community.

My team and I need to search and download data on equities (outstanding shares, price, dividend yield, etc.) traded on exchanges in 15-20 countries stemming back to the 1970's-present. My gut tells me that I should use the API, but given call limits, I'm wondering if there are more effective ways to go about it + how it might be done.

Many thanks!

#contentdsws-apidatastreamequities
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
86.8k 294 53 79

@AH BOC

Thank you for reaching out to us.

If you are using Datastream, you can use Datastream WebService API to get the data. However, the API has limitations. Please check the DSWS user stats and limits document.

You may need to contact your LSEG account team or sales team directly to discuss other solutions, such as LSEG Tick History REST API.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.