question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 0 0

Python data export to excel

Hi,

I’m currently working on a large valuation model using Workspace and Excel. The issue I’m facing is that Excel is struggling to handle the volume of information, causing it to lag frequently. After doing some research, I realized that switching to Python could help solve this problem.

I would like to know if it’s possible to link Python with Excel. Specifically, I want to export the results from Python into a particular worksheet of the Excel workbook, placing the data in specific cells within an Excel table (See the picture below for my table sample). This way, the database sheet in my Excel file wouldn’t be as heavy, as all the formulas and calculations would be done in Python, with only the resulting numbers appearing in the database sheet.

Any help or guidance on how to set this up would be greatly appreciated!

*See the picture below.

Thanks.

Mathieu

capture-ex-python.png

For you to follow up @Punal Bhavsar

pythonworkspace#technologyexcelexport
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
87k 294 53 79

@mathieu.morin

Thank you for reaching out to us.

You can use the third party Python library, such as xlwings.

You can also refer to this How to integrate Financial Data from Refinitiv Data Platform to Excel with Xlwings - Part 1 article.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.