question

Upvotes
1 0 0 1

EventText: FID in RIC has been rejected because of deny reason [Unknown Field]. No FID number was received.

Screenshot 2024-10-13 at 16.44.09.pngScreenshot 2024-10-13 at 16.33.30.png

Hello Dev Team,

Our integration layer is in JAVA and Using the Latest Refinitiv SDK.

The attachment contains the ERROR that I am trying to make sure I capture in the future.

Context:

We are contributing price updates using RCC and were told we sometimes published messages with Unknown Field in them.

I have implemented a handler using the SDK
OmmConsumerErrorClient
public default void onInvalidUsage(String text, int errorCode) {}

Please can someone confirm that it is the right way to go about it and that it is sufficient and/or what else needs doing.

Any other suggestions, clarifications and examples are more than welcome.

Many thanks,

Horia

#technologyjavarcc-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
86.5k 294 53 79

@horia.vitcu

Thank you for reaching out to us.

Typically, the server can reject contributions via the NAK flag in the ack message. The application can check it via the following code.

public void onAckMsg(AckMsg ackMsg, OmmConsumerEvent event)
    {
        System.out.println("Received AckMsg. Item Handle: " + event.handle() + " Closure: " + event.closure());
        if (ackMsg.hasNackCode()){

}
        decode( ackMsg );

System.out.println();
    }
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
1 0 0 1

Many thanks for the swift reply @Jirapongse
I will endeavor to implement that asap.
Follow up to it would be: is there a way to definitely trigger that specific ERROR because I tried publishing some FIDs with bogus values in them and seems to just be ignored.

Thanks,

Horia

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.