question

Upvotes
Accepted
24 5 1 7

ADH NI Provider Cache List size

How do I set the cache list size for a new NI provider service? I have configured a new service in ADH called REPUB. When I send data using the NIProvider example from RFAJ I see the following error message from the ADH:

<rmds.1.adh.sourceSSLDistribution.sslDispatcher.REPUB: Error: Fri Mar 24 10:05:16 2017> Failed to start server "REPUB" for the RSSL application "REPUB". Server start-up failed because: The cache list size for the application is set to 0, which is illegal. Make sure that the application is configured correctly. <END>

I used the tconfig tool to create the settings and it's not clear which parameter I need to change to set the cache size list. Also, do I have to tune any other options in ADH? We haven't cached any other service in the ADH yet as we've been using RTIC as the main cache until now.

elektronrefinitiv-realtimetrepinfrastructure
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
24.6k 54 17 14

Hello @tbaker. Basically, this message means the ADH configuration does not set the maxCache value for the service REPUB. The ADH needs to know the size of cache list from the maxCache parameter. You need to specify REPUB's maxCache to the value greater than 0.

To specify the maxCache for a non-interactive service, the following configuration should be used instead.

{your hostname}*adh**REPUB*maxCache : {value > 0}

Example:

apis11*adh**REPUB*maxCache: 5000
Also, as this is a non-interactive service, the cacheType should be “sourceDriven”.
*REPUB*cacheLocation : ssl

*REPUB*cacheType : sourceDriven

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvote
942 8 9 13

Hi @tbaker,

This forum is dedicated to development questions related to the TREP infrastructure. Your question is a pure TREP configuration question and would probably be better answered by the TREP support team.

However, as we recently created a tutorial set for building Non Interactive Provider applications with EMA Java we may be in a good position to help you a bit. This tutorial set includes a TREP Configuration for NI Providers tutorial that explains how to configure an existing TREP for a new RSSL NI Provider and its related service. I recommend its reading that will probably help you. By experience I would say that default value for the maxCache parameter is 500000. The value proposed by Wasin (above) should also be fine. Here is an extract of my TREP config file for the provider I use:

field16*adh**NI_PUB*maxCache : 500000

I also recommend you the reading of the whole NI Provider tutorial set. Indeed, if you are building a new NI Provider application, it would be better and also easier to use the latest API (EMA Java in your case). EMA Java offers better performances and that is also easier to use and to maintain than RFA Java.

icon clock
10 |1500

Thanks Olivier, I'll check those documents now.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.