question

Upvotes
Accepted
3 1 1 2

Entry level in QuickStartConsumer

Hi, I am an entry level in RFA developing, I try to study RFA using “QuickStartConsumer.

I got a problem but I don’t understand what wrong was, the message as below

Does the QuickStartConsumer have to work together with QuickStartProvider_Interactive?

May the QuickStartConsumer connect directly to Reuters host?

Thanks for your help

Dispatching events for 60 seconds.

Dispatching events for 60 seconds.

<- Received MMT_LOGIN Refresh - Login Pending

Source unavailable... will recover when source is up

Open

Suspect

<- Received Market Price Status

StatusText : Source unavailable... will recover when source is up

StatusTextW :

StreamState : Open

DataState : Suspect

StatusCode : 0

Service name: IDN_SELECTFEED

Symbol name: TRI.N

<- Received MM_LOGIN Refresh - Login Accepted

Record not service permissioned

Closed

Suspect

<- Received Market Price Status

StatusText : Record not service permissioned

StatusTextW :

StreamState : Closed

DataState : Suspect

StatusCode : 3

Service name: IDN_SELECTFEED

Symbol name: TRI.N

treprfarfa-apic#
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Monitor by @Wasin Waeosri

Hi @jameson,

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply? This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks

AHS

Upvote
Accepted
25.3k 87 12 25

Hi @jameson

QuickStartConsumer and QuickStartProvider_Interactive are included as samples for new developers who may not yet have access to a real feed or wish to do some localised testing on their PC or laptop - by allowing QuickStartconsumer to consume dummy data generated by QuickStartProvider.

You can off course connect QuickStartconsumer to a real host / feed by specifying the correct connectivity parameters and the correct permissions.

Looking at the log output, I can see the 'Record not service permissioned' message which would suggest that your Data access permissions are not correctly setup by your local Market Data admin team (or your Thomson Reuters account manager for hosted solutions).

Please try a different RIC such as EUR= or TIME which is often available as part of the more basic permission sets. If you can consume EUR= then this would confirm that your connectivity is fine and your permissions need to be sorted out.

You should contact your local Market Data team (or Thomson Reuters account manager) for help with your permissions.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Thank you!! I try a different RIC from your suggestion and it works now

Upvotes
24.6k 54 17 14

Hi @jameson

Basically, you can configure the serverList and portNumber in the consConnection to TR Host and RSSL port.

<node name="consConnection">
   <map>
      <entry key="connectionType" value="RSSL"/>
      <entry key="serverList" value="{TR Host}"/>
      <entry key="portNumber" value="{TR RSSL Port}"/>
   </map>
</node>

You may configure them via the following method

• config_editor tool
  • in the quickstart.xml and re-import the file to config_editor tool again

If you are interested to develop the Market Data Consumer application or starting a new development project, I recommend you use the EMA Java (Elektron Message API - Java Edition). The Elektron Message API is a data-neutral, multi-threaded, ease-of-use API providing access to OMM and RWF data.The EMA allows applications to consume and provide OMM data at the message level of the API stack which is easier to use and study compare to the RFA Java API.

You can see the EMA Java API QuickStart here. The EMA Java step by step tutorials are also available here

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.