question

Upvotes
Accepted
301 13 33 38

Does TRKD support both SOAP and REST?

The TRKD developer documentation clearly states it supports SOAP/XML, i.e

"...using today's industry standard protocols (SOAP and XML)."

Yet the TRKD API portal allows you to choose a content type of JSON. Also, the developer documentation references many examples to request for data using JSON. Can someone clear up the confusion? I didn't find anywhere within the developer documentation REST or using JSON with SOAP.

thank you.

rkd-apirkdrest-apisoap-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
121 1 0 0

TRKD API services support SOAP (XML). The majority of the services also support JSON, POST calls with JSON formatted request in body. JSON support is a new feature that was recently added in TRKD API. Please refer to the developer guide to find the services that support JSON and information how to use the JSON format.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
24.4k 53 17 14

Hi @Rupert Schilling

TRKD contains both SOAP and REST interfaces. The SOAP interface supports XML message format only while the REST interface supports JSON message only.

icon clock
10 |1500

Thank you. Why doesn't the documentation specifically state this? In fact, can you point to me anywhere within any documentation where it states REST?

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.