question

Upvotes
Accepted
210 4 6 8

Unable to enable multicastLoop in RFA Java

I am trying to configure an RSSL Multicast Consumer transport to run on the same server as the Multicast ADS. In order to do so, I need to enable Multicast Loopback in RFAJ but I don't see any such parameter in the RFA configuration editor or in the Configuration Logging Guide.

treprfarfa-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

This question is monitored by Wasin.

Hi @ron.bove.1

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?
If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.
Thanks,
AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
24.6k 54 17 14

Hi @ron.bove.1

The RFA APIs do not support this MCAST loopback scenario. Only segmented topologies are supported for the multicast-based connection type. It means the MCAST Provider (ADS or RFA Non-Interactive Provider) and MCAST Consumer must be in a different network only as shown below (it shows as RFA Non-Interactive Provider but it also applies to the ADS MCAST as well).

diagram.png (29.4 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
24.6k 54 17 14

Hi @ron.bove.1, do you plan to run RFA Java consumer application in the same machine with Multicast ADS machine and connect to ADS using same interface (address/port)?

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
24.6k 54 17 14

Hi @ron.bove.1,

The ADS server has the "multicastLoop" configuration, did you try it yet?

@S@N@@SET MULTICAST LOOPBACK@ *"${svc}"."${inst}".RRCP*multicastLoop : FALSE
#help
    multicastLoop: { True, False }
    Enable/Disable loopback for outbound multicast traffic.
    Default value: FALSE
icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
210 4 6 8

Yes, I plan to run the RFA Java Consumer application on the ADS itself. Its for LAB testing. And yes, I have multicast loop enabled on the ADS but I believe it must be enabled on the application as well.

icon clock
10 |1500

Hi @ron.bove.1, I have created a service cloud case 05562823 to investigate your question.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.