question

Upvotes
Accepted
64 3 9 10

Why I cannot access reference change event.

How could I access reference change event , e.g. isin change or ric change. I see there is field exist in the report template but I did not get any data return.

tick-history-rest-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@bin,

Could you please share the information about the extraction you use? (i.e. field, instrument, report template, request message) Did you use the HistoricalReference report template?

Upvotes
Accepted
13.7k 26 8 12

@bin, today we published a new Historical Reference Tutorial. In the downloads tab the Postman collection was updated to include that, and there is also a new Java sample. Hope this helps.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
64 3 9 10

Could I have a sample code to access reference change event, in V1 I can access RIC change or ISIN change history, how to do it in v2

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
64 3 9 10

{"Request":{"Identifier":"TRIL.L","IdentifierType":"Ric","Range":{"Start":"2006-01-01T00:00:00.000Z","End":"2017-04-26T23:59:59.000Z"},"ResultsBy":"Entity"}}

this is the way I get ric change history but how could I do for a ric list and how to get ISIN?

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
11.3k 25 9 14

Hi @bin,

I believe that you are using Historical Search. Is this correct?

Could you try the HistoricalReference Report template? The report template can provide historical reference in specific range of time. Below is the example of message for On Demand extraction.

Please note that, in the result, entries will be generated for any change in all fields, even only identifier fields are selected. You may need to manually filter only the entry that has change in the ISIN, RIC field.

{
    "ExtractionRequest": {
        "@odata.type": "#ThomsonReuters.Dss.Api.Extractions.ExtractionRequests.HistoricalReferenceExtractionRequest",
        "ContentFieldNames": [
           "RIC",
           "ISIN",
           "SEDOL",
           "Change Date"
        ],
        "IdentifierList": {
            "@odata.type": "#ThomsonReuters.Dss.Api.Extractions.ExtractionRequests.InstrumentIdentifierList",
            "InstrumentIdentifiers": [
                {
                    "Identifier": "TRIL.L",
                    "IdentifierType": "Ric"
                }
            ],
            "ValidationOptions": {
                "AllowHistoricalInstruments": true},
            "UseUserPreferencesForValidationOptions": false
        },
        "Condition": {
            "StartDate": "2006-01-01T00:00:00.000Z",
            "EndDate": "2017-04-26T23:59:59.000Z"
        }
    }
}
icon clock
10 |1500

What's header for this one?

Is this request from schuduler or on demand?

Upvotes
32.2k 40 11 19

Hi @bin,

HistoricalReferenceExtractionRequest is available as on demand->ExtractRaw.

For a complete reference of REST API options, please refer to

REST API Tree

Or reach it through:

Hosted

-> Help -> REST API Help -> Show API Reference Tree

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.