question

Upvotes
Accepted
3 1 0 1

Subscription status okay but no data updates

Hello, I am trying to retrieve data from Reuters using .NET API in C# development environment.

when i use the code

subscription=realtime.SetupDataSubscription().

.OnStatusUpdated(status)

.OnDataUpdated(someMethod)

.CreateAndStart()

My code is receiving status updates from the reuter with OK InstrumentState.

However, when i try to deploy the data updated with someMethod above,

my field for subscription id is null, and thus, someMethod is not deployed due to null datafield.

It seems like IRealtimeUpdateDictionary field is not returning for my code. However, when i run the source code downloaded from the website, or try symbol conversion with my source code, it has no problem receiving data from Reuters Eikon. Why is my current code not receiving any data updates from the reuters while there is no problem on update status?

eikoneikon-com-apic#
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@stewart.rhee

Hi,

As your query is related to Eikon COM, I moved it to this Eikon COM group.

Kind regards,
AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
4.3k 2 4 5

Hi,

Additional details are necessary to understand your issue.

Could you precise what RIC you subscribe to, and which fields ?
Did you implement the OnError(Action<RealtimeDataError> errorCallback) to check any error after the OK status ?
Otherwise, you can activate Eikon log at Debug level then check in C:\ProgramData\Thomson Reuters\Eikon Data\Logs\TRD\Eikon.xxxxxxxx\ directory. More specifically AppLog.UDASERVICE.xxxxxx.txt.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
3 1 0 1

Hello, I have solved the issue, it was not a problem with program, but the version issue arising from referencing Newtonsoft json. Thanks for your help and it does not seem that there is any issue with Reuters API system.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.