question

Upvotes
Accepted
3 1 1 4

Is it possible to retrieve RIC validity from Eikon COM APIs?

Hi,

Is it possible to retrieve the information regarding RICs from Eikon WORLD/CHANGE, for example DE/CHANGE2 from Eikon COM APIs?

Many thanks in advance,

Best regards

Richard Sponda

eikoneikon-com-apirics
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @richard.sponda,

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query? If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

-AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
39.4k 77 11 27

Hi Richard,

You can retrieve text from these pages using AdfinX Real Time library just like you retrieve data from any other RIC. See Tutorial 2 on COM APIs for use in custom applications
https://developers.thomsonreuters.com/eikon-com/eikon-desktop-data-api/learning?content=791&type=learning_material_item
In Step 3 instead of AdxRtList.RegisterItems("GBP=", "BID") use for example AdxRtList.RegisterItems({"DE/CHAGES2","DE/CHAGES3"}, {"ROW80_2","ROW80_3","ROW80_4",...,"ROW80_25"})

Since this data is not updating frequently instead of AdxRtList.StartUpdates(RT_RunMode.RT_MODE_ONUPDATE) you should use AdxRtList.StartUpdates(RT_RunMode.RT_MODE_IMAGE);
And finally instead of callback for OnUpdate event you should create callback for OnImage event.
To tell you if there's a better way I need to know the end goal, i.e. how you intend to use this information or what problem you intend to solve with it. Otherwise I can for example suggest that you subscribe to Content Notifications via e-mail from Thomson Reuters "My Account" portal (http://my.thomsonreuters.com/pages?name=notifications). Is this a better way for you to receive this information? I couldn't possibly tell, could I?

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
39.4k 77 11 27

Hi Richard,

You can retrieve these pages using AdfinX Real Time COM library. But the data on these pages is basically unstructured text, which you would have to parse and somehow make sense of. Perhaps if you share your end goal, I may suggest an alternative?

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
3 1 1 4

Hi Alex,

I would like to retrieve information about planned RIC changes for a list of RICs.

How is this possible with the AdfinX library? Is there a better way to get this information?

Many thanks in advance,

Best regards

Richard Sponda

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.