question

Upvotes
Accepted
9 5 3 8

TRTH: Searching RICS by API

Hi there,

I'm now looking for the way to find RICs, because I don't have Eikon.

I have a PDF version of Eikon code reference but it doesn't include all RICs I wanted to extract from API server.

Is there any way to find exact RICs like OAT future, KOSPI future, option?

Thanks,

tick-history-rest-apirics
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Contacted DSS_SWAT to help answer this question.

Upvotes
Accepted
116 1 0 2

I am not perfectly clear on the question. The RIC Search Tool seems to work great, especially for finding RICs for indexes, like KOSPI 200 Index, (.KS200). However to identify futures related to KOSPI or OAT simply use the FuturesAndOptionSearch supplying just a description of "KOSPI" or "OAT".

Example:

POST https://hosted.datascopeapi.reuters.com/RestApi/v1/Search/FuturesAndOptionsSearch HTTP/1.1 Authorization: Token <your_auth_token_goes_here> Prefer: odata.maxpagesize=10; respond-async { "SearchRequest": { "FileCodes": null, "CurrencyCodes": null, "Description": "KOSPI", "ExchangeCodes": null, "StrikePrice": null, "ExpirationDate": null, "IdentifierType": "Ric", "PreferredIdentifierType": "Ric" } }

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@Robert Gross

I just didn't know FuturesAndOptionsSearch request.

Is there any materials which has details on this request and response?

Anyway, thanks your help!

There are several search capabilities in the TRTH API, described in the API Reference Tree. Note that only the Historical Search capabilities will return old instruments. The FuturesAndOptions request will not.

Upvotes
32.2k 40 11 20

As one of the options for searching RICs without Eikon please consider

RIC Search Tool

on the portal.

icon clock
10 |1500

@zoya.farberov

Thanks, will use that tool on the portal.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.