question

Upvotes
Accepted
36 4 6 12

TRTH expired future contract RIC change (ESM7 -> ESM7^1)

Hi,

Until few days ago I didn't have any issue with ESM7, the RIC of the S&P future contract ending tradable until 16th June. Using it yesterday I started having this error:

"Identifier": { "@odata.type": "#ThomsonReuters.Dss.Api.Content.InstrumentIdentifier", "Identifier": "ESM7", "IdentifierType": "Ric", "Source": "" }, "Message": "Not found"

I was using this Ric to also get historical data for the S&P the contract ending in June 2007, just adjusting the start and end date of the query.

I've tried now ESM7^1 and it works. was it changed?

Could someone please tell me how to have a stable automated way to handle these RICs variations?

Thanks

Alvise

tick-history-rest-apirics
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
11.3k 25 9 14

@alvise.susmel

The ESM7 RIC currently is historical instrument. It was just expired on 06/24/2017. Below is the result of ESM7 from the Historical search.

To use On Demand extraction on historical instrument, you need to add the "AllowHistoricalInstruments: true" in ValidationOptions of the extraction request message.

"ValidationOptions": {
        "AllowHistoricalInstruments": true
},
"UseUserPreferencesForValidationOptions": false

As TRTH extractions always are used with historical instrument, we recommend adding the “AllowHistoricalInstruments” in every extraction request.

esm7.png (9.7 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

thank you, you made my day!

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.