For a deeper look into our DataScope Select REST API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials

question

Upvotes
Accepted
3 1 1 2

How do I change the maximum allowed instruments? Currently the limit is 1!

Hi all!

We are using the DataScopeSelect Extraction Web-Service which is available under the following URL: https://hosted.datascopeapi.reuters.com/DataScopeApi/v1/ExtractionService.asmx

Please note that this is NOT the REST-API. It is a webservice, which we access using C#.

We currently have a Timeseries Pricing instrument limitation of 1 (!). This means, that we only can request one instrument per request. The performance therefore is really poor if we need to fetch multiple instruments. The limitation for corporate actions is correctly set to 1000 instruments...

Is there a way to change the limitation for the time series pricing extraction? Is this a client or server issue? Or can we modify the settings within our TR-account settings?

Unfortunately, Thomson-Reuters-Support suggested to raise this question in this forum, therefore I suppose they do not know why we have this limitation!

Any help is appreciated!

Markus

dss-rest-apidatascope-selectdssapiapi-limitssoap-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@markus.bischof

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
11.3k 25 9 14

@markus.bischof

It seems to be the limitation of the DSS Web-Service. Below is the information in both DataScope Select 11.1 – SOAP API Programmer Guide WSDL and DataScope Select 11.1 – SOAP API Programmer Guide for the C# Environment. documents.

timeseriespricing.png (162.2 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
13.7k 26 8 12

@markus.bischof, as a complement to Veerapath's answer: migrating to the REST API will give you a limit of 1000 (before expansion).

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
3 1 1 2

Thanks for your replies. It seems that the SOAP API is the wrong solution for our use case and we need the REST API.

I cannot understand, why the web-service is limited, but I think TR cannot change this in the future.

So I will try to investigate the REST API.

icon clock
10 |1500

Please note that the SOAP API will be deprecated at the end of 2017, so a migration to the REST API is required in any case.

Upvotes
3 1 1 2

Hi!

Thanks for your replies. We are now testing the REST-API. Our first implementation already downloaded timeseries for multiple RICs, so my issue is solved!

Markus

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.