question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 1 0 3

Linking eikon apps, and enabling broadcast

We have a custom eikon app created with the .net desktop sdk, we would like this app to be able to receive NavigationContext from any other Eikon app on the same 'Color' or directly broadcasting to it.

In order to acheive this our app implents the IAppNavigation interface, however the 'PutContext' method is never being called. We have tried various combinations of the SupportNavigationType for the 'GetSupportedNavigation' method, some of which allow us to link via color, and none of which allow our app to appear as a broadcasting target. Even when linked by color, the app does not receive any context, even when other apps on the same color are broadcasting.

Are you aware of any additional steps which need to be performed to enable this behaviour, and any documentation on the meaning behind some of the SupportedNavigationType flags?

eikonc#.neteikon-app-studio
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hi @john.adey,

I moved your question to the right forum.

Hello @john.adey

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query? If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

Hello @john.adey

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query? If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
39.4k 77 11 27

@john.adey
I suggest you engage with whomever manages the relationship between your company and Thomson Reuters from Thomson Reuters side. It's practically impossible to help you through this forum, since apparently you're not using anything that's officially released and supported by TR. To help you one will need to know the details of how this project came about, where the SDK came from, some tech details of what you're building, how your app is distributed if you're not part of App Studio program and so on and so forth. All of this calls for direct engagement rather than through a generic Q&A forum.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
39.4k 77 11 27

@john.adey
I must say I'm rather puzzled by your question. I've never heard of IAppNavigation interface and none of the members you mentioned look familiar to me. They're certainly not part of ThomsonReuters.Eikon.Integration namespace, which is what I'd expect you to use. To make your App Studio app developed with Eikon .NET SDK subscribe to context broadcast by linked apps you need to use IAppHost.ContextService.Subscribe() method as described in the following tutorial:
https://developers.thomsonreuters.com/app-studio/app-studio-net-sdk/learning?content=4102&type=learning_material_item

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
1 1 0 3

@Alex Putkov.

The interface in question is within the 'ThomsonReuters.Eikon-4.0.Integration.1.2.1\lib\net40\ThomsonReuters.Container.Integration' dll, namespace 'ThomsonReuters.Container.Integration'.

I think some of the confusion may be because my question was moved to the 'App Studio' forum, our application is using the ThomsonReuters.Desktop.SDK.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
39.4k 77 11 27

Sorry for the confusion. So, you're not part of App Studio program then, right? And you have a Windows desktop application that runs outside of Eikon, but needs to share context with Eikon apps? In this case you need to use this API:
https://developers.thomsonreuters.com/eikon-apis/side-side-integration-api
The .NET interface you mention doesn't look to me like anything that's ever been officially released. Did you get it as part of EAP or some such some years ago? None of the Eikon .NET SDK packages available on NuGet include the dll you mentioned.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
1 1 0 3

The packages were supplied directly from TR some while ago to ourselves, these weren't publilically available at the time as far as I'm aware.

Our App is runnning within Eikon, and we are wanting to enable interaction with other apps running in Eikon, so I don't beleive the side-side integraiton api will help us. We have existing apps within Eikon which have the ability to receive context from other Eikon apps already, but following the same approach (implementing IAppNavigation) as them does not work, I am wondering if there is a filter or some such set up on your side which you also need to enable/disable?

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.