Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
3 1 1 2

News Source and Historical News

1. Client want to get the all the new of NewsWires, Global Press or Web News, but using the "Source=" keyword with [NEWSWIRE], [NEWSROOM] or [WEBNEWS] not work.

Is there any way to do that ?

2. Any "Topic" keyword under Newsroom (Global Press) and Web News seems not work now. e.g. "EIUVIE", "SEECOM". Is Python API can only get the news under News Wires ?

3. Client try to download old news e.g. Light Crude <CLc1> from year 2000 to 2016.

ek.get_news_headlines("R:CLc1", date_from="2000-01-01T00:00:00", date_to="2016-01-01T00:00:00", count=1000)

But not success. Is there any time limit for downloading news thru scripting API ?

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apihistoricalnews
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
4.3k 2 4 5

Hi,

About the point 3, we can't retrieve news headline oldest than 15 months (oldest news headline for R:CLc1 is from 2016-05-02). In addition, it seems that the platform rejects request for more than 100 items.

Following request returns data:
ek.get_news_headlines("R:CLc1", date_from="2000-01-01T00:00:00", date_to="2016-05-03T00:00:00", count=100)

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
20 1 1 6

ic, thanks for solving my puzzles.

How about point 2?

I am no long able to get any news from the categories "NEWSROOM" and "WEBNEWS" with the get_news_headlines. It used to work on the days before yesterday.

icon clock
10 |1500

I just received the response.

One month ago, News service started to expose NewsRoom and WebNews categories. It's a bug that was fixed.

Currently, Python News API access is limited to News Wires.

Oh...But I think this is a valuable feature for us, would you consider to make it exposing to those categories again in the future?

Thanks

It was raised to development team as an expected feature.

Upvotes
1 0 0 0

Hello to all,

I am trying to download news from Newsroom for a particular newspaper only. I am not quite sure how to make the API search in the right place but at the moment I am interested at whether the Python News API is now able to access news wires.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.