Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 1 2 3

Corporate Events in Python API

Hi

I am trying to get fetch data akin to the "Corporate Events" page of Eikon web (see image) via Eikon Python API or Excel formula but I cannot find the exact information I'm looking for, specifically Trade Suspension/Activation.

I tried with the following python script:

df, err = ek.get_data(['BLISSf.BK'],[
'TR.CACorpActDesc(SDate=0D, EDate=20070101,CAEventType=All)','TR.CACorpActEventType(SDate=0D, EDate=20070101,CAEventType=All)'])
print(df)

The result was a bit underwhelming as only share split and BOD meeting information returned.

Any suggestion is welcome. Thank you.

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apicorporate-actionsevents
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @requiem202

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query? If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

Hello @requiem202

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query? If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
39.4k 77 11 27

I suggest you contact Thomson Reuters Helpdesk by either calling the Helpdesk phone number in your country or by using Contact Us capability in Eikon application, and ask them whether trading halts data can be retrieved into Eikon Excel. If they tell you the field name and parameters you can utilize in =TR worksheet function in Eikon Excel, then you can use the same field names and parameters in Eikon Python API.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.