question

Upvotes
Accepted
163 11 11 19

Is there a way to reconnect connected UPA channels

I've written a consumer app using the UPA API and I want to get a connected channel to reconnect for testing purposes but I can't find a way of making the channel recover. I can get the channel to disconnect by calling rsslCloseChannel() but I can't get the reactor to recover. Is there a recommended way to do this ?

elektronelektron-sdkrrteta-apielektron-transport-apiconnection
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Thank you for your participation in the forum.
Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query? If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.
Thanks,
-AHS

Hi @andy.sciascia.

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks

AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
493 4 2 4

Unless you control the server and you close the channel from that side, the easiest way is to pull the network cable on the machine you are using or shutdown the network interface. Wait for a short while (you should see your channel go down because of the lack of network), plug the cable in/bring up the adapter and you should see the Reactor (or your app if using raw UPA) recover.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
163 11 11 19

Thanks but I need to do it programatically for an AT. I don't control the server. I've also tried closing the eventFd on the channel but no luck. From reading the API docs, I doesn't look possible, I just wanted to check here before giving up on the test.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.