question

Upvotes
Accepted
163 11 11 19

What characters are not allowed in Reuters symbol names

We need to know what characters are invalid for Reuters symbol names so we can use one of them to map '/' which we use as a separator but can be a valid character in Reuters symbol names. From the rather old User Guide I have here it looks like ' ' is a candidate but I'd like to get the official line on this.

elektronrefinitiv-realtimetrepsymbology
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@andy.sciascia

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Are any of the replies below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the most appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

@andy.sciascia

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvote
Accepted
25.3k 87 12 25

Hi @andy.sciascia

You can find further details on RIC code components in the Elektron Edge Programmers Guide

This states that 'there can be no imbedded spaces within a RIC'

I also found another (internal) doc which states:

Illegal Characters

The following are not considered legitimate characters anywhere within RICs.

• ‘(‘, ‘)’, ‘;’, ‘@’, ‘~’, ‘&’
  • Underscore, Space, Single & double quotes
  • Any non-printing characters (excepting brokerage characters).
  • Characters above 7F
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
4.6k 26 7 22

What about @?

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
163 11 11 19

Thanks but what I really need is an official list of the allowed characters so we can pick one of the un-allowed ones. We did this a few years ago and settled on ' ' but I'd like to check that we're still ok using that.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
163 11 11 19

Perfect. Thanks very much.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.