Description: We have encountered an issue while migrating from one of the reuters server[old] to another reuters server[new]. We use reuters to receive the real time feed for the FX related product and rates [fxspot, rates and swap points] and the underlying treasury system being used is Murex.
Issue: During our migration we were supposed to migrate to the new reuters server from the old one[all else being unchanged in terms of feed]. For this migration to take effect we used a flat xml based file called rfa_configuration.xml which contained the address of the new reuters server and the port no.
This file is placed at the applicatory directory of the Murex system. To make the change taking the effect we run the below command:
java -jar ./fs/murex/code/repository/reuters/reuters-rfa-config-loader/rfaj7.2.0.E3/reuters-rfa-config-loader-rfaj7.2.0.E3.jar -file rfa_configuration.xml and then restarted the basic rfa and rtbs services[where . represent the application root directory where the rfa_configuration.xml file is present].
After doing the above necessary steps we found that the Murex system was still connected to the old reuters server instead of new server whereas as per the rule it should have now been connected to the new one. We checked the various relevant log file but could not found the reason for this erroneous behavior.
Resolution sought from Reuters: Since this change has been implemented in our production system and the change has not taken effect we would like to know the root cause of this. Also I would like to appraise that we continue to receive the feed from our old reuters server but this needs to be migrated on a priority basis to our new server.
To better understand this problem we would like to seek your help on:
- How could we debug and let us know that currently which reuters api jar file is being used to connect to the reuters server[we have a location where we could see the presence of 2 different reuters jar file and they are: reuters-rfa-config-loader-rfaj7.2.0.L2.jar and reuters-rfa-config-loader-rfaj7.2.0.E3.jar]. We have checked all the necessary log but could not find any info on this.
The above information would help us to narrow down the problem on the specific jar being used for connection.
- Since this issue is related to rfa loader wherein we are migrating from the old server to the new server and the only change is the ip address[hostname] which we are uploading through a flat xml file, do we need to execute any specific command apart from the above command[as shared above ].
- Can you suggest some log file which we can reference to find such details related to the reuters jar, hostname etc being recorded.