For a deeper look into our DataScope Select REST API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials

question

Upvotes
Accepted
5 3 1 2

Instrument Status (Active or Inactive)

I am trying to find whether the instrument status is active or inactive. For VBD files, this information is available in NormalizedEmp-Report file. Trying to fetch similar information for Raw extractions.

I hope this api can provide the information.

https://hosted.datascopeapi.reuters.com/RestApi/v1/Extractions/InstrumentListValidateIdentifiersWithOptions

it takes a boolean parameter - AllowInactiveInstruments

and rReturns a list of ValidatedInstrument type.

Is there a way to find whether the instrument is active or inactive from the result. All it provides a ValidityStatus which I guess is not the same.

dss-rest-apidatascope-selectdssrics
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
11.3k 25 9 14

Hi @mohit.bansal

I understand that the status information in the NormalizedMP-Report file indicates if there is any activities for NormalizedMP extraction of RIC on that day or not.

For On-Demand extraction (i.e. TickHistoryTimeAndSalesExtractionRequest), the similar information is provided in Extraction's note. The information indicates if there is any data updated for the requested RICs and fields on the request range or not. However, as I have tried, it contains only active RICs, so it can assume that other RICs are inactive.

Below is the sample of extraction's note.

{
    "@odata.context": "https://hosted.datascopeapi.reuters.com/RestApi/v1/$metadata#RawExtractionResults/$entity",
    "JobId": "0x05e78f08a67b2f76",
    "Notes": [
        "Extraction Services Version 11.2.37366 (410ebb92dbb3), ...\nManifest: #RIC,Domain,Start,End,Status,Count\nManifest: DEURV7,Market Price,2017-10-08T12:00:01.945007595Z,2017-10-08T12:45:08.049727281Z,Active,6\n"
    ]
}

On the other hand, the InstrumentListValidateIdentifiersWithOptions provides current status of instruments (if RICs are currently valid or not).

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.