Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
5 4 3 3

RIC from a specific exchange

I am trying get RIC for an ISIN(NL0000235190) from a specific exchange Frankfurt Stock Exchange(Exchange Code: FRA). How can I get this in python API? Result is AIRG.F, if I try Tr.PrimaryRic I get AIR.PA

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apirics
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
39.4k 77 11 27

get_symbology method of Eikon Python API can only return the primary RIC.
Using send_json_request method you can retrieve all RICs corresponding to an ISIN, e.g.

ek.send_json_request('SymbologySearch', {'symbols': ['NL0000235190'], 'to': ['RIC'], 'from': 'ISIN', 'bestMatchOnly': False})
Then you can extract from the returned list of RICs the RIC from Frankfurt Stock Exchange based on exchange suffix (".F").
However if you need to get the RIC from a specific exchange using exchange code as a parameter, the only way to do this is by using RSearch COM library. See my comments on this thread:
https://community.developers.refinitiv.com/comments/19656/view.html
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.