question

Upvotes
Accepted
5 3 1 9

FieldList AccessViolationException

After months of running a service using RFA which hits the EZD service, I've run into a new issue that just popped up today. Every minute, I snapshot without update roughly 2600 RICs. After receiving a marketdata event, I attempt to decode a FieldList and get:

An exception of type 'System.AccessViolationException' occurred in RFA8_NET140_x64.dll but was not handled in user code Additional information: Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt.

private void DecodeFieldList(FieldList input)

{

if(null == input)return;

var it = new FieldListReadIterator();

it.Start(input); //Exception occurs here

}

In a watch, all FieldList properties show "The metadata for 'RFA8_NET140_x64 is invalid. If you are debugging a minidump,etc...".

I have tracing turned on and I don't see anything that further explains what's happening. Happy to share the logs with a Reuters rep. Eventually after a stream of incoming messages from the box running the EZD app, I just get

<!-- Sending Ping to 'ezdBox:14002' on 'localhost' interface --> <!-- Time: 10:53:47:597 -->

<!-- Ping Received from ezdBox:14002' on 'localhost' interface --> <!-- Time: 10:53:57:598 -->

until I shut down.

treprfarfa-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Monitored by @Warat B.

@tradingTech

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Are any of the replies below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the most appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

@tradingTech

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Are any of the replies below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the most appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

@tradingTech

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
4.4k 10 6 9

Hi @tradingTech

The most common cause of exceptions at decoding is trying to decode an empty FIeldList.

Have you check

if (!FieldList.IsBlank)

before decoding the field list?

Could you please share the tracing and rfa.log files?

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.