Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 2 1 3

TSI Not Permissioned with the API / But it works with Excel

When I try to get the time series using ek.get_timeseries('AAXEZ00', ["HIGH", "CLOSE", "LOW"], start_date='2000-01-01'), I get the following error:

('AAXEZ00', ': ', 'Error: TSINotPermissioned, ErrorCode: TA-TSINotPermissioned, Fault: TSIError, Description: The user does not have permission for the requested data', '\n')

However, I have the right permissions for that instrument, and I can get the data I need using Excel

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apiapiexcelpermissioning
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @zouss

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?
If yes, please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,
AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
4.3k 2 4 5

Hi,

If you're using the same Eikon login/password for both cases, you should contact Eikon support to check this permission issue.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
0 0 1 3

I have the same question. But Eikon Support pointed me to this forum to answer.

icon clock
10 |1500

Did you try relog your account?

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.