Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 1 1 2

Difference between Eikon Excel and Python API results

Hi,

I've noticed a discrepancy between data results using Eikon Formulas in Excel and Python API.

This is the Excel formula and results:

=TR("US29355XAD93",$F$3:$J$3,"TOP=5  CH=Fd RH=IN",E6)

While this is the Python ones:

campi=['TR.GR.RatingSourceCode',  'TR.GR.RatingDate',  'TR.GR.Rating ',  'TR.GR.RatingSPEquivalentRank',  'TR.GR.RatingSourceDescription']

dict_opt={'TOP':'5', 'CH':'Fd', 'RH':'IN'}

df,err=ek.get_data(['XS1384857493'],campi, dict_opt)

It seems to the column Rating SP Equivalent Rank is flipped upside down. Can anybody help me? Are there hyper parameters or options to use? Results in JSON format are not different from the above ones.

Thanks

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apiexcelcredit-ratings
exceleikon.png (22.1 KiB)
pyeikon3.png (32.2 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hi @nicola.torresani,

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query? If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question. Thanks, AHS

Hi @nicola.torresani

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Are any of the replies below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the most appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

Hi @nicola.torresani, please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
39.4k 77 11 27

This is a known issue for which there's no workaround, I'm afraid. The fix is currently planned for end of April. For more details see these two threads
https://community.developers.refinitiv.com/questions/23364/eikon-api-incorrect-output-when-start-date-is-befo.html

https://community.developers.refinitiv.com/questions/23111/corporate-action-adjustment-factor-missing-data-bu.html

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Thank you @Alex Putkov. So is there no other way than to wait till April?

For this specific use case you could try constructing the request that would return a single row instead of a table. E.g. add the filter on specific rating source to the parameters. But there's no generic workaround, I'm afraid.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.