Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvote
Accepted
25 3 12 10

Detecting a company has filed its quarterly/end of year report

Hello is there a way to detect that a company has filed a new quarterly or end of year report?
I can currently retrieve some line items of my choice from a list of companies of my choice and classify them by date. For example i am retrieving reported data from 2016 and estimated data from 2017 (since not all companies have filed their 2017 10K form).

I would like to create a scheduled task that would analyse if the 10-K has been added and rerun my code only for those companies who have updates. That way i would be able to update my info and read 2016+2017 reported data and start using the estimates of 2018. Same thing for quarterly reports.

I would like to know this not only for US companies but for other companies listed in nikkei or london stock exchange. Is this possible?

Best regards

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apidata
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hi @ant1bball

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,

AHS

Hello again!

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvote
Accepted
4.6k 26 7 22

I found a couple of ways to do this, but I suggest you contact Thomson Reuters Support desk and ask them how to do it in Excel. Here goes:

1. TR.CompanySrcFileDate

It will give you the latest filing date for the financials in the database;

2, TR.Revenue(Period=FY0).calcdate;TR.Revenue(Period=FQ0).calcdate;

This will give you the date of the last fiscal year/fiscal quarter filings

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Ok so i tested with item STT.N.:
TR.CompanySrcFileDate = 2/22/2018
TR.Revenue(FQ0).calcdate = -

I guess what i can do is to check every day starting on the CompanySrcFileDate for a TR.Revenue(FQ0).calcdate != null and that contains the 2018 year. Whenever that exists it means the latest filings have been reported.

Thanks a lot!

Upvote
16 0 0 0

I have a question regarding the time difference in the VOD.L example: there is a 2 day time difference between the TR.CompanySrcFileDate and the TR.Revenue(FQ0).calcdate. Is this because it took 2 days to update the TR database field (i.e., processing the filing took 2 days in this case)? And will both fields be updated only on 2018-02-23 in this case, or is TR.CompanySrcFileDate updated earlier (i.e., for example on 2018-02-21 or 2018-02-22)?

icon clock
10 |1500

@shk1
Content explanation questions such as this one are best directed to Thomson Reuters Helpdesk. I suggest you call Thomson Reuters Helpdesk number in your country or use Contact Us capability in your Eikon application.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.