question

Upvotes
Accepted

Exporting number of shares to a MONITOR using Side by Side

Hi,

I would like to confirm if it is possible to use the Side by Side API to send the information of the number of shares of a Portfolio to a Monitor?

The number of shares are defined by the user and it would be allocated in a free text Column.

Thanks,

Daniel

side-by-side-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
39.4k 77 11 27

@daniel.fernandez
At the moment there are no public APIs that allow access to Portfolio Warehouse. For App Studio we currently have an API, which is currently in Beta and which allows a permissioned App Studio app to read user portfolios from Portfolio Warehouse with express consent required from the user. I don't believe this capability is on the roadmap for any other Eikon APIs. But what you're asking for is the write access to Portfolio Warehouse, which I'm quite confident is not even being considered at this time.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

I am wondering if this APP Studio API is going to be free access?

Alex Putkov.1 avatar image Alex Putkov.1 daniel.fernandez1@refinitiv.com

It's free in the sense that we don't charge for it. But it's only available to App Studio program participants.

Upvotes
77.6k 242 52 72

You can use SxS to launch a Monitor app and specify a set of items. The request is:

{
  "command": "launch",
  "appId": "THOMSONREUTERS.REALTIME.THINMONITOR",
  "context": {
    "entities": [
      {
        "RIC": "C"
      },
      {
        "RIC": "9984.T"
      },
      {
        "RIC": "EUR="
      },
      {
        "RIC": ".HSI"
      }
    ]
  },
  "sessionToken": "token"
}

This will launch a Monitor app with subscribed items specified in the context.

You can also link to a Monitor app and then change its context. For more information, please refer to SxS Developer Guide.

monitor.png (31.0 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.