question

Upvotes
Accepted
3 1 2 4

sink_driven_src sends streamId 0 when changing item groupId

When running sink_driven_src in interactive mode, I can use the 'item_group' command to change the groupId to which a given stream belongs:

Enter Command (help): item_group
Enter Item Name: RYA.I
Enter Group: 99

As you'd expect, this results in an unsolicited status message containing the new groupId -- but it seems that the message has a streamId of 0:

<!-- rwfMajorVer="14" rwfMinorVer="1" -->
<statusMsg domainType="RSSL_DMT_MARKET_PRICE" streamId="0" containerType="RSSL_DT_NO_DATA" flags="0x38 (RSSL_STMF_HAS_MSG_KEY|RSSL_STMF_HAS_GROUP_ID|RSSL_STMF_HAS_STATE)" groupId="99" dataState="RSSL_DATA_OK" streamState="RSSL_STREAM_OPEN" code="RSSL_SC_NONE" text="All is well." dataSize="0">
<key flags="0x3 (RSSL_MKF_HAS_SERVICE_ID|RSSL_MKF_HAS_NAME)" serviceId="1" name="RYA.I"/>
<dataBody>
</dataBody>
</statusMsg>

The streamId is a required field, according to the user guide, and the message seems incomplete without this information. (It does include a MsgKey containing serviceId and instrument name, so it's not totally unusable; but this requires a more complicated and expensive search to find the affected stream.)

Could you please confirm that this is a bug in sink_driven_src (in version: trep3.2.1.L1.B1 (ssl 6dfee57)), and that a real ADS or other provider will in fact always send the streamId to which the change of groupId applies? Thanks in advance...

elektronrefinitiv-realtimetrepinfrastructuresink-driven-source
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
78.8k 250 52 74

Yes, stream ID of the status message when using item_group is zero.

However, if I run TREP to connect to sink_driven_src and request data from ADS, the consumer can get the status message with the correct stream ID.

Therefore, please try to use sink_driven_src through TREP instead of directly connecting to sink_driven_src.

For more information, please directly contact ADH support team via Contact Us to verify the behavior.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
3 1 2 4

That's a workaround, I guess. Please consider this a bug report for the sink_driven_src, then, and forward it to the appropriate group for repair.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.